Saturday, February 13, 2016

Now with random Pew Pew


The first thing here is that I'm experimenting with MP4 movies of my progress - I'm using ffmpeg to capture the video, since my previous method (using byzanz to create animated GIFs) had an upper limit of less than a minute. Maybe you get enough of all of this in 15 seconds, but I, for one, need more box-moving-around-time than that.

Also, I split the teams up finer. Now, we have 6 teams of 2 boxes each, in festive colors. Were the people demanding that? Festive colored boxes seems good.

Also, they can shoot at each other now. There's no intelligence involved - each tick, there's a 1% chance that a box will spawn a bullet in a random direction. Bullets check for collision with the moving boxes and the static boxes. If they hit a moving box, they apply damage. If they hit anything, they deactivate themselves.

Boxes that lose 4 points of damage become inactive.

You can almost root for boxes to survive, if you want.

TODO:
aim more intelligently
retreat from threats (when wounded?)
track weapon heat
call for help
flanking
particle effects when bullets impact

No comments:

Post a Comment